We work with researchers from across The University of Manchester to source policy briefings on their topics of expertise.
We are happy to have an informal discussion on a potential briefing area with you in advance, and then use our contacts across the University to identify potential contributors.
We have previously created a region-wide policy briefing for the candidates in Greater Manchester’s first Mayoral election in 2017, featuring summary briefings on a series of policy issues that would face the new incumbent on their first day.
If you are interested in discussing this in more detail, please contact us.
Policy@Manchester has a breadth of experience in producing high quality policy briefings. We have previously worked with academic experts from across The University of Manchester to produce the following briefings:
- Transforming mental health and wellbeing support for children and young people in schools (July 2021)
- Futureproofing an Inclusive Urban Economy: Redefining education policy in our towns and cities (October 2020)
- Addressing accent in the Teachers’ Standards (July 2020)
- Building back a ‘gendered’ better (June 2020)
- Getting the balance right: sunlight exposure advice that ensures adequate vitamin D while minimising the risk of sunburn and cancer (September 2019)
- The role of schools in promoting mental health: back to basics (September 2019)
- The RT challenge: How to respond to Russia’s international broadcaster (July 2019)
Policy@Manchester offers an extensive range of activities and opportunities for you to engage with our academics and connect with our cutting-edge research.
Get in touch
What we do
Policy@Manchester aims to impact lives globally, through influencing and challenging policymakers with robust research-informed evidence and ideas.
Find out more