Energy security: Will accelerating renewables tackle the cost of living?
Rising energy costs. Threats to gas supplies. A looming net zero deadline. This panel at the Labour Party Conference Fringe 2022 explored the impact of renewables on our energy security and what measures can be taken to help the immediate challenge for households and businesses facing rising bills. They also discussed if net zero has a cost and how a Labour government could commit to renewable energy.
Panellists from left to right:
- Emelia Quist, Head of Policy Research, Federation of Small Businesses
- Professor Matthew Paterson, Director of the Sustainable Consumption Institute, The University of Manchester
- Dr Nina Skorupska CBE FEI, Chief Executive, The Association for Renewable Energy and Clean Technology (Chair)
- Asif Rehmanwala, CEO, Ecotricity
- Adam Scorer, Chief Executive, National Energy Action
- Dr Alan Whitehead, Shadow Energy Minister and MP for Southampton, Test
This event was recorded on Tuesday 27 September 2022 and formed part of our party conferences fringe programme.