Catch-up on some of our previous events that you may have missed out on over recent months.
Research from The University of Manchester is addressing key policy issues globally, nationally and locally. Since March 2020, we have hosted or collaborated on a range of virtual and hybrid panel events exploring issues relating to health and wellbeing, productivity, devolution, inequalities and more.
If you missed out on these events, you can find more information and links to the recordings below.
Where next for levelling up?
Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester, Debbie Abrahams MP and Professor Andy Westwood joined us in Manchester to discuss what next for levelling up on Monday 15 May 2023.
In conversation with Andy Burnham
On Thursday 27 April 2023 Policy@Manchester, in partnership with Centre for Cities, hosted an in conversation event with Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester.
Delivering net zero: Embedding carbon and co-benefits in decision making
Part of our monthly GM Policy Hub seminar series. In April 2023, we focused on making net zero targets part of decision making and strategy development in local government.
Find out more
A year on from the levelling up white paper: how much progress has been delivered?
Professor Richard Jones and Anneliese Dodds MP joined us to discuss what the UK's economic challenges mean for the levelling up agenda on Monday 6 February 2023.
Transport and economic austerity: current and future policy agendas
Part of our monthly GM Policy Hub seminar series. In January 2023, we focused on poverty and its relation to economic austerity.
Power, poverty and place in education: Why the local matters
Part of our monthly GM Policy Hub seminar series. In December 2022, we focused on poverty and the need for an update to the current social mobility agenda.
On Cancer national launch
Find out more about the national launch of our new publication, On Cancer, and hear about AI & algorithms, advanced radiotherapies, international healthcare alliances, and more.
Find out more
Healthy homes and happy neighbourhoods
Panel discussion in partnership with the Social Market Foundation on how we can integrate health and wellbeing into urban developments.
Find out more
Watch recordings of our panel events at the 2021 Labour and Conservative party conferences, which offer expertise and evidence on pressing policy topics.
How can we make the digital world accessible to older people? (17 September 2021)
How could effective measurement of wellbeing support a whole school approach? (22 June 2021)
- Community responses to COVID-19 in Greater Manchester (18 May 2021)
- In conversation with Dr Sherilyn MacGregor (20 April 2021)
- More than being heard (30 March 2021)
- Building better wellbeing in schools (25 March 2021)
- Vaccine misinformation panel (2 March 2021)
- In Conversation with Jonatan Pinkse (3 February 2021)
- Devolution, mayors and the pandemic (3 December 2020)
- In Conversation with Dr Helen Holmes (2 December 2020)
- In Conversation with Dr Ola Demkowicz (21 October 2020)
- Nuclear and net zero (15 October 2020)
- Valuing workers webinar (25 June 2020)
- Productivity and gender equality (11 June 2020)
- Where next for devolution in England? (7 May 2020)