Tackling loneliness: How can we improve access and quality of mental health care?
Up to 25% of adults reported feelings of loneliness during the pandemic. This fringe session at Labour Party Conference 2022 discussed what a future Labour Government could do to prioritise mental health provision to combat it. Our panel of experts and policymakers also talked about the impact of chronic loneliness on our health and wellbeing, the effect of place and community, and what could be done to deliver more integrated care.
Panellists from left to right:
- Sarah Thwaites, Chief Executive of Healthwatch Liverpool
- Professor Pamela Qualter, Professor of Education, The University of Manchester
- Zoe Abrams, Executive Director of Communications and Engagement, British Red Cross (Chair)
- Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester
- Dr Rosena Allin-Khan, Shadow Minister for Mental Health and MP for Tooting
This event was recorded on Tuesday 27 September 2022 and and formed part of our party conferences fringe programme.