Digital harms: Is smart tech a threat to your privacy and security?
Smart technology and new virtual worlds have become a feature of our increasingly complex, online habits. With the Online Safety Bill encouraging debate, this panel at the Conservative Party Conference Fringe 2022 discussed how policymakers could act to mitigate the threat of dangerous behaviour, while protecting freedom of expression and user privacy.
Panellists from left to right:
- Susie Hargreaves OBE, Chief Executive, Internet Watch Foundation
- Donna Jones, Police and Crime Commissioner for Hampshire and the Isle of Wight
- Dr Simon Kaye, Director of Policy, Reform (Chair)
- Professor Emma Barrett, Professor of Psychology, Security & Trust, The University of Manchester
- Lord Vaizey of Didcot
- Helen Milner OBE, Group Chief Executive, Good Things Foundation
This event was recorded on Monday 3 October 2022 and formed part of our party conferences fringe programme.