Power in Place launch event
In September, we launched our new publication Power in Place: Evidence-led solutions for thriving and sustainable communities.
In the midst of a cost-of-living crisis, more and more people are facing unexpected financial hardships or being pushed further into poverty. But inequalities have long existed, and the COVID-19 pandemic has drawn attention to multiple inequalities across the country and the world.
As levelling up aims to address some of these inequalities, what is the role of place-based policymaking in improving lives? How can local approaches driven by communities and their leaders create and sustain thriving, inclusive places?
When: 2.00-3.00pm, Wednesday, 20 September 2023
Where: Manchester Art Gallery
- Tom Pope, Deputy Chief Economist, Institute for Government (chair)
- Professor Francesca Gains, Professor of Public Policy at The University of Manchester
- Dr Luke Munford, Senior Lecturer in Health Economics at The University of Manchester
- Edna Robinson, Chair of the People's Powerhouse
- Councillor Arooj Shah, Leader of Oldham Council and GM Lead for Equalities and Communities